Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guest Columnist Leroy: Big Brother is Watching

Do I like being a big brother? Hell yes! One word, people: muscle. For eight years now, I've been getting by on looks, personality and brains alone. If I wanted a treat and the people were looking, I had to ask for it. Worse, sometimes they made me sit before I got it. So degrading. Well, the joke's on them. I'm training Stella Potato and training her good. By the time this month's up I'll have her eating out of the pad of my paw. I want a treat? Fetch, doggie. Maybe a little dogfood on the side? Back it up, sister, wait your turn.Who got into the pot roast? Don't look at me, I'm not big enough to eat that much meat.

Yeah, it's a sweet deal.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful Leroy. I was once like you. Thought I had Murphy all figured out. Well you know what... today I let him lick my nose. I don't KNOW how I let it happen. But I did. I could blame it on me just waking up and being disoriented. I could blame it on having a common enemy in the new baby. But the truth is, if you're not careful Leroy, these dog things grow on you. So consider yourself warned. Eternal optimism can wear you down until you end up friends with a dog. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

    - Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete